Monday, January 7, 2013

1 Down, 9 to go

Centimeters dilated that is.  At last week's appointment I was encouraged to hear that I'm 1 cm dilated. I know it's not much and I could hang out here forever, but at least my body is doing something in preparation.  I had an acupuncture appointment last week to keep the ball rolling.  Acupuncture won't start anything that my body isn't ready to do, but it can help speed the process if my body is ready.  I have 2 more appointments this week.

I still don't think baby in engaged or has "dropped" in my pelvis yet so I'm walking the neighborhood and sitting on my birthing ball as much as I can.  I haven't yet reached that anxious time yet, but I think if this little guy waits much past his due date, I'll be pulling my hair out.  I want him to come when he's ready but I want to avoid an induction if possible. 

39 weeks tomorrow - next check up Wednesday.  This is so exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment