Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Success!

Night #3 and C slept the entire night up in his big boy room all by himself. I am so thrilled and well-rested.  The first night was hell, the second night was tough, but the third night was perfect. I almost couldn't believe it when I woke up about 4:30 am to use the bathroom and realized I hadn't been woken up prior to that. I knew the kid could do it, I just wasn't sure how long it would take. I am sure there will be some nights where things don't go perfectly, but I think we're making really great progress. 

Walking past the empty nursery is bitter sweet. The emptiness makes me sad for our boy who is growing up but I know the only reason he's not in there is to make way for his baby sister who will be here in about 8 weeks.  Truly feeling blessed today.  

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on a good night! I know it's hard but you're through the worst of it, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny how in sync we are. C is on night #2 in his new crib with toddler rail (he slept successfully in a twin bed for 3 nights when we were on vacation last week. :)

    And we're 30 weeks today with our surrogate! Glad things are going well for you - not long now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's too funny! I actually have wondered if our kiddos even have the same name! I am so happy to hear that things are going well with your surro. What an amazing and arduous journey you've been on.

      Delete
  3. Sorry I have been a bit slack in commenting (but then you have been mega slack in posting!!) that is great he is in the big boy bed! Molly is going to get a new bed soon. I am starting the hunt and then will sell her cot and change table. I think, I think I am ready!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh not to worry, I have been so bad about posting - you're right. I'm going to try to get at least one a week in. Transitioning to new beds is definitely a big deal. It is sad to see some of those baby things go, but each new stage is it's own adventure. I can't wait to hear how it goes with Molly. I'm sure she'll do well.

      Delete