Monday, February 27, 2012

The Pregnant Bride

I got some news today from my mom.  One of my very best friends in grade school and throughout high school got engaged at Christmas.  Her family lived on our street for many years and when I was in college, they moved back to Ohio.  We remained friends and I see her family at least once a year.  Well, my mom told me that they aren't having a big wedding - "only 100 people" - and I probably wouldn't be invited.

Now, my mom and our friends back home are all very sad they won't be invited to the wedding as first of all - 100 people is no small wedding and second of all, these people are like family.  I am definitely disappointed.  My mom is very upset.  The kicker - my friend is pregnant! Yup, my mom relayed that news as well but I guess she's not due until September and the wedding (the one I won't be invited to) is in May. 

There's a sneaking suspicion floating around there that my friend got pregnant on purpose.  Knowing her, there could be some truth to this but I don't know what to believe. Either way, I feel like I got punched in the gut twice today.  I don't know whether to be happy, disappointed in her - or what. Right now, I'm a little glad that I won't have to go see a pregnant bride this May. I think I would probably hurl if I had to go.

1 comment:

  1. I agree, it probably would have sucked to go to the wedding, but geez it hurts to know you just weren't invited! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete