Friday, February 24, 2012

A Different Kind of Wait

I'm talking about the weight.  The IVF weight.  The weight I gained as a result of having our first IVF and FET cycles over Thanksgiving and Christmas.  There was less exercising and more eating - along with crazy hormones for almost 3 months straight.

I got fat. Well, not technically fat - but big enough that I had to go out and buy a new pair of jeans.  I have to be strategic every morning I get dressed for work and make sure I pick out a dress or one of my larger pairs of dress pants because I haven't lost the weight yet. It's really frustrating because before IVF, I was at a consistent 128 which is still more than I want to be but I could live with.  I'm a petite 5'0" with an athletic build and my ideal weight is more like 125 - but hey I can dream. I have gotten there before.  

Over the course of the IVFs, I crept up to 136. It's been about 3 weeks since our chemical and I was just praying and hoping the weight would just disappear.  Hmmmm, not happening. I guess I got used to eating too much or something.  I worked really hard last week and got down to 133 where I've stayed.  I had hoped to loose another 3 this week, but it didn't happen.  I am hoping the fact that I've given up red meat and cheese for Lent is going to help.  I have borderline high cholesterol so I figured I'd kill 2 birds with one stone. I don't think God will mind. 

Cheese is my weakness. Wine is too but hey, a girl has to have some fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment