Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The Wonders of Technology

A few minutes ago, I received this email from my very pregnant younger sister
[redacted of course]:
__________________
Hey Friends and Family-

Baby time is fast approaching at the [sister's] household and thanks to the wonders of technology we have set up an awesome way to let you all know when our little lady has arrived!  We will be sending out the news via text alert.  It is easy and FREE to all of you lovely people, and don't worry I promise you won't get text spammed or anything like that.

If you would like to get a text when baby arrives, all you have to do to get added to the list is:
TEXT: [their last name] 
to the Number: [some numbers here]

You will then get 2 texts back, one from duffled (the text company), and then one from us letting you know you are all set up!  

Then we wait :)!
Love,
US
____________________

My response to my sister:  "If all I get is a text, you're in big trouble!" 

I mean I'm the godmother for Pete's sake!  And thank you Duffled or whoever you are. Really? Really? Did we need this?  Can infertiles block these things?

No comments:

Post a Comment