Thursday, June 28, 2012

I Did It!

I was nervous, but I did it!  I told my friends at dinner last night that we're expecting and it was so much fun. The 2 of them jumped up and hugged me so tightly at the same time I felt like I was in a love sandwich.  I can't tell you how amazing it was to share the news with friends who were so close to us, knew our struggles and had been rooting for us for the last 3 years. I feel like they may even take a piece of victory away for themselves and I truly think they deserve it.

While it's near impossible to endure infertility, it also takes a lot to stand-by infertile couples.  We don't always act rationally, we cancel on you last minute, we miss outings/events and we might not be there for you during your own pregnancy.  But we thank you for standing by us every step of the way to let us cry and share our joy. I truly believe this victory will be shared and SHOULD be shared by the many friends and family who have held our hands along the way.  We couldn't have done this without them.

I am still scared that this will not work out of course, but knowing that if it doesn't - I have a whole team waiting to help pick us up - makes me feel a little better.

Last night a close friend of E's called to catch up while I was at dinner so E got to share the news to someone as well.  Tomorrow, we'll tell my sister-in-law and my niece and nephew who are here visiting for just a few days. Sunday, we'll tell my parents and my sister - then my cousins and Aunt and Uncle who are coming for dinner.  This is definitely the fun part - it is helping me believe in the reality of what's happening.  It gets a little bit better each day, but I still have a long way to go.    

No comments:

Post a Comment