Wednesday, August 8, 2012

17 weeks

Still can't believe I'm at 17 weeks, this is crazy.

Yesterday we had our "16 week" check up which went fine.  Weight looked good - I'm up 8 pounds since the 2WW. My blood pressure and the baby's heartbeat were good as well. We met with the newest doc in the practice and she was really nice.  Now instead of 2 docs, there are 3 which is fine by me. I want to make sure I get a well rested doctor when I go into labor.

This weekend was a little rough because of my severe round ligament pain.  Now, I'm so thankful that I am where I am of course - but holy moly. When you hear ligament pain, you really don't think stabbing, doubled over, can't breath type of pain.  It was terrible and it lasted for about 4 days on and off. It was exacerbated by eating a big meal too so the pizza I had Friday night really did me in.  I was up most of the night and spent most of the weekend on the couch.  I am really hoping it stays away this coming weekend as we're flying to Maine for a friend's wedding.  I would really like to be able to partake in some dancing and wedding cake since alcohol is off limits.

We go in for our gender scan a week from tomorrow - I am so excited they're going to let us do this early.  We'll be able to surprise my parents with the news on vacation next week.  I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment