Friday, August 3, 2012


So I'm pretty sure I'm experience what is referred to as round ligament pain.  This pain is caused by the stretching and growing of the uterus and OUCH it really hurts.  I freaked out yesterday because this pain was really quite bad.  I took 2 extra strength Tylenol and was still in pain.  The only thing that seemed to offer relief was sitting or lying down or being completely still. 

It started yesterday at the end of the work day. I had gone to the gym during lunch and done my 40 mins on the elliptical machine. Nothing crazy, just enough to get my blood pumping.  Well then later that night, I decided E and I needed to get this mirror that was on sale at the outlet mall about an hour away so I spent the evening on my feet and that's when things got even worse. I was freaking out on the way home but we used the Doppler when we got home and the little one was pumping away.  So I took 2 Tylenol and slept all through the night. 

I woke up feeling great this morning and as it was my day off, I took the dog for a walk, showered and took myself to the mall to run some errands.  Within the first 30 mins of being in the stores, I started to feel the mild cramps again. I pushed through though so I could get my errands done and by the hour mark, I had to sit down and rest.  When my mom called, she made me promise to call the doc when I got home.

So the doc wasn't too worried because I had no pain with urination and no bleeding.  This was reassuring. He said it's probably the normal aches and pains of everything stretching out.  I listened to the little one again today, and we're good. Baby was on the left side today - which likely explains all the pain on the left side.  Ouch.  After I parked myself on the couch, I felt so much better.

I am so thankful I have an appointment on Tuesday but the plan for the weekend is to sit on the couch and try to rest.  I am still pretty nervous about this but am reassured that the heartbeat was strong and there's no bleeding.  UGH - going to be a long weekend waiting for that appointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment