Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Everything's Fine

I always wonder about all the other "normal" pregnant women out there who are silently chugging along - not blogging, not reading or posting on forums.  There are more of them than there are of us - by far - based on the 1/5 statistic regarding infertile individuals.  It always seems to me, we have more to say when things are not going our way.  I mean, who wants to read an infertility blog post titled "I am having a fantastic day because I overcame infertility and I feel absolutely amazing"?  Certainly not me - well at least when I was still trying any way.  Now those posts are reassuring and I wish there were more of them.

I think sometimes the negativity on the Internet outweighs the wonderful - which can lead us to think we're destined to fail ALWAYS, because so many people we've read about or have seen posts about are not quite there yet.  I am/was one of you/them.  

Life's not all that interesting when everything's fine, is it?  The drama and fear that propelled me for so long is slowly weaning away and while I'm thrilled - has the blog suffered in content?  I'm not sure.  I know many a blogger have written about how to transition their space from infertility to pregnancy after infertility.  This is just a blog about me and where I am at any given moment so I won't be transitioning anything.  I feel my journey is a badge of honor.  "Look what I made it through - you can do it too" type of thing.   

My journey is far from over though and the worry that this will all be ripped from my arms at any given moment is still lingering somewhere.  But, day by day I hope to overcome that and grow from this situation I have been handed.  So, for now - everything's fine.  I feel great, I love being pregnant.  I will cherish this time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment