Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Fat or Pregnant?

It's funny these days to see people looking at me unsure of whether congratulations or a weight watchers endorsement is warranted.  Either way, I think it's fun and am totally enjoying myself these days.

Despite the change in sleep patterns, heat rash, indigestion etc - this is the most wonderful time in my life.  I can't believe regular pregnant women complain about these things.  I'm loving it and I think my happiness is evident to every one around me. In fact, I know it is because I've had so many friends and family members tell me they can truly notice just how happy I am.

I am eagerly awaiting that 24 week mark and our next appointment with the doctor. So far, all is well and I'm actually picking out dates for a baby shower. This is insane to me, and each morning I have to pinch myself to make sure it's real.  After so many years of sadness, I had forgotten what it's like to truly feel happy.

E has been wonderful putting up with my insane nesting.  Yes, my urge to create the perfect nursery has kept me up at night - ordering fabric swatches, scouring the Internet for the perfect rug.  All to make the nursery perfect, no too "baby" but just the right amount of calm, little boy, love and style that I can dream up.  

No comments:

Post a Comment