Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Back from Vacation and 20 weeks in

I still can't believe that I've made it to this 20 week mark. I wake up sometimes and it feels like I'm dreaming.  After all we've been through over the last 3 years it's sometimes difficult to accept that we're doing really well.

Our trip was wonderful!  We got to surprise my Dad with a birthday card from his grandson.  He was so shocked and immediately jumped up after reading the card and said, "you know already?"  My mom came running over for a hug.  It was an amazing moment especially since we weren't able to tell them about the pregnancy in person.   We spent the rest of the weekend wine tasting, visiting with family and friends and relaxing.  It was so fun to get attention being pregnant. I absolutely loved it, I'm not going to lie.  I had numerous people comment on how happy I looked and how I was definitely "glowing."  The truth is, that's exactly how I feel - glowing.  My smile is bigger, I'm in a good mood almost all of the time and it would take a lot to rain on my parade here. I can only hope that the remainder of this pregnancy goes this well.  I feel that 20 weeks is a huge milestone but that I'm still pining for that 24 week viability mark.  Four more weeks to go and I think I can do it.

I have a dear friend from my support group who is on hospital bed rest due to complications with her twin boys.  I am not sure of all the details yet but please pray for her. She has struggled greatly to get where she is and I am just hoping with all my heart that her new family makes it through this OK.  I plan to visit her in the hospital Friday.  She's about 27 weeks and the doctors have said they'll likely do a c-section by 33 weeks so she has about 6 more weeks to be in the hospital.  She had such a great, positive attitude after all she's been through.

No comments:

Post a Comment