Thursday, December 20, 2012

Keeping Track

I bought this wonderful pregnancy journal that I had every intention of writing in each day, documenting this journey that we're on.  But alas, the best laid plans...  Instead, this blog has become a better way for me to track what's going on inside and out.

I am feeling big, I mean BIG!  I've gained 26 pounds so far which is right about where I should be for the total pregnancy so I'm hoping I'll be able to keep things under control for 4 more weeks despite holiday temptations.  Forward bending of any sort is pretty much out these days. E has to help me out of bed and if I'm on my feet longer than 1 hour, my back is throbbing.  I've had back problems before I was pregnant but having an extra 26 lbs on the front of me isn't helping.

I treated myself to a prenatal massage 2 weeks ago and it was amazing. I felt like a million bucks - so I booked another for this Saturday and I'm really looking forward to it.

Sleep is strange as some days I wake after a night filled with 3-4 bathroom trips and still manage to feel refreshed, yet others - when the alarm goes off, I feel like a zombie.  Zombie mornings are not fun.  My ankles have begun to swell slightly putting off any boot purchases I thought I might have in my near future.

Dairy is not my friend, neither are spicy foods or big meals but I can deal.   My gums are an absolute mess but I've been to the dentist and there's really not much I can do. If I bump the most sensitive area, my mouth starts gushing blood a-la horror film style.

TMI alert - the cervical mucus has increased a ton which is kinda grossing me out but I know it's there to protect the baby. And I know baby has changed positions in the last 2 weeks because I'm less constipated! Imagine that.  I only have to take a stool softener every other day instead of every day.

We had our 36 week appointment on Tuesday and baby is measuring right about 6 lbs 8 oz. The doc said he could grow up to a 1/2 lb per week, but hopefully not.  I'm hoping for a very reasonable 7lbs 8 oz.  I'm not sure an 8 pounder would come out of me easily.

My cervix is still closed with 4 weeks to go. I've got a call into my acupuncturist to get on her schedule next week. I am not eager for this little guy to arrive before his due date, but I want to avoid being induced so anything I can do to naturally get things started in the next 2-3 weeks will be good.

Phew, OK that was a pretty good update. We're nearing the home stretch which is unbelievable still.  The hospital bag is packed, the car seat is installed and now I'm just trying to wrap my head around the fact that a 7-ish pound being is going to make its way out of my you know what!

No comments:

Post a Comment