Thursday, May 16, 2013

First Weeks Back to Work

I am nearing the end of my telework stint. It's been great to be able to spend time at home with the little guy and it's definitely prolonged the breastfeeding situation, but part of me is happy about going back to work in the office.  Being home is a little distracting.  I feel like I can't concentrate fully on my work nor can I concentrate fully on the baby.  It's just tough to be in both worlds simultaneously. 

My mom has been here while I'm teleworking and next week when I get back into the office, my sister will be here with my niece to watch the baby.  That's just going to last 2 more weeks before he goes to an in home daycare center near our house in June. We finally got a call this past week from one of the bigger daycare centers we had visited.  They had a spot for us, but it was one of my least favorite places so we passed on the spot.  We are still waiting patiently for a spot at our first choice daycare but in the interim, the little guy will go to the in home daycare.  UGH we've been on their list for over a year.   

I am so nervous for the first day of daycare.  And I am getting more irritable the closer the day gets.  I am positive that once the baby starts daycare and both E and I are working that we'll eat nothing but cereal and all wear dirty clothes.   

No comments:

Post a Comment