Monday, December 9, 2013

I'm here...just waiting around

As usual....

Waiting this time for AF to arrive so I can start BCPs, AF again and then start del estrogen for a January FET.

These last few weeks have been insanely busy. So much so that I incurred a late payment fee on my Banana Republic credit card (got it waived - thankfully) AND incurred an overdraft fee on my checking account. Darn those automatic student loan withdrawals!  Ugh.... just craziness and I swear I have good credit otherwise. There just isn't enough room in my brain to remember all of this stuff, hence the reason I signed up for automatic payments in the first place.  Ironic, right?!?!

We have dealt with the cold and flu season with as much force as we have been able to muster.  Had the never ending virus of extreme cough, fever and occasional vomit not once, but twice so far this season. It decided to come back with a vengeance the day before Thanksgiving so we all had an absolutely miserable holiday. 

E and I managed to hold it together and find some humor in the moment as we had loaded up the sick baby, the dog, the stuffing and presents (we brought gifts early because we weren't going to see my nieces and nephews at X-mas) and the song, "It's the most wonderful time of the year" comes blaring through the radio. Instead of tears, we managed laughs.  We cut the trip short to just one day as the little guy was miserable, wouldn't sleep, neither E nor I got any sleep Thanksgiving night and the constant comments by my mother-in-law that we should take the baby to the ER.  Lovely woman, but she has a flare for the dramatic when it comes to medical issues. We had already taken him to the doc the day before...he had a virus, nothing to do.

Anyway, virus turned into an ear infection and now we're on the mend after our first round of antibiotics.  Phew! Hoping we get a reprieve for X-mas. 

In all the chaos, it wasn't hard to feel thankful though for my wonderful family.  This holiday, as miserable as I felt, was still better than the ones without my son.  Toughest job ever - but couldn't help feel so happy to be a family of three. Hoping FET #2 in January is a success and we grow this craziness a bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment