Saturday, April 28, 2012

Day 4 and Still Chugging Along

Today is day 4, the day you don't get any updates on your embryos.  I am a little relieved that I don't have to sit around waiting for the phone to ring.  Yesterday, I got the news my transfer will be at 11:30 am but they didn't leave any info about my embryos so I had E call the clinic.  Phew - all 8 embryos are thriving.  They are all grade 1 at this point so we're definitely still on for a 5-day transfer tomorrow.  I am thrilled with this news, but I have a definite sense of nagging in the back of my mind.

So E and I seem to make "perfect" or near perfect 5-day embryos in the lab, but they don't implant!?! What's going on. I know looks can be deceiving when it comes to embryos so these "perfect" embryos might not be all that perfect, but all I can think is that the minute they go back inside me, I start to kill them off.  It's a terrible thought to have and I'm trying not to think about it, but it's not working. I'm just hoping and praying the small dose of steroids I convinced the RE to let me try will do some good.

The doc will call us in the morning to discuss how many embryos to transfer. Last time, because of the quality of the embryos and my age - transferring 2 only increased our chance for multiples, not the pregnancy rate. So we transferred 1 during the fresh cycle and 1 during the frozen.  Of course, now it's a slightly different story because I've already had failures in the past so we'll see what role my RE thinks this should play in our decision.    I would be thrilled to have twins, but so extremely nervous for all of the complications and health concerns associated with the situation. Also, I have to be honest, a huge part of me wonders how we'd ever pay for 2 college tuitions at the same time. I know that's strange, but I am thinking it.

I have pre and post transfer acupuncture appointments already scheduled at the place right in the same building as my clinic. It's just logistically easier to go to them when they're in the same building than my regular acupuncturist.

Today, I'm planning a relaxing day. I would like to go to yoga so I think I'll go to the short class and just take it easy.  I'm not sure it's the best idea, but I think it will help me focus.  It's the family class so I'm sure it can't be that difficult. I'll update after transfer tomorrow afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment