Phew! The weekend is finally upon us. E and I are leaving to visit my sister, brother-in-law and the new baby for the weekend. I can't wait!
Originally we had tickets to go 2 weeks ago but with our IVF plans, I had to change the flights to this week. E and I debated back and forth about taking the trip during the 2 week wait. On one hand, it would make the wait go by quicker if we snuck in a little 4-day vacation. On the other, was going to visit my very new niece really the right move right now? Would we be able to handle that? We also talked about getting a hotel room so we'd have a place to "escape" to if things just got too much for me to handle, but in the end we decided against that. I feel so completely different now that the little one is here, I don't think I'll need a place to escape to. And if I do, I can take a walk or a nap and my sis will understand. They know all about our fertility struggles and have been as understanding as one fertile couple can be.
I am also glad that we didn't delay the tip until after beta because, as I know from last time, so much can happen after just 1 beta test. I think if I got a negative, I would be too sad to enjoy the trip really. And of course, if we got a positive, I'd be too scared something would go wrong. Right now is the perfect time, blissfully ignorant of what's going on in my body and loving it. Besides, when we get back from the trip, it will be a short 3 days till beta. OMG, I'm so incredibly nervous.
I have resolved to wait to take a HPT until next Thursday. I know there's risks involved with testing before beta, but I just don't think I can wait to hear that phone call. I'd rather have a little inkling of what's going on. Besides, having tested 2 days before my beta last time - I was able to enjoy 3 wonderful days knowing something was going on in there before my dreams came crashing down on me. Three days was better than the 1 I'd have had if I had waited until beta.
Have a great weekend, and I'll see you on Tuesday.