Tuesday, June 5, 2012

I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant

Seriously, this would be me unless we hadn't just seen our baby with a gorgeous heartbeat of 154 at 8 weeks!  Unfortunately, I'm still not entirely convinced that we'll get our take home baby come January.  I am exactly 8 weeks today, but the CRL (crown to rump length) only measured 7 weeks, 4 days which is making me a little uneasy. The gestational sac is measuring right at 8 weeks and the yolk is measuring at 8 weeks 2 days. The doctors were thrilled with the results and said definitely not to worry. Things were progressing wonderfully.  Right, don't worry. Not things an infertile woman does easily.

E is a little annoyed with me I can tell, that I'm not jumping for joy.  I know the doc said everything is fine, I know these measurements aren't entirely accurate at this stage in the game but I'm still nervous.  We were given the choice to graduate to an OB today or to do one more US with our RE and of course I opted for one more US next week. 

I think I'm putting off going to the OB because I'm so scared they'll treat me like any other regular patient. And I don't feel like a regular patient at all.  Thankfully, I am having lunch with some pregnant friends from my support group on Sunday so I'll be able to talk with them about all my craziness. 

We still have not told anyone outside of our support group that we're pregnant. I really would like to tell my parents first and in person but I don't think we'll be able to see them until mid-July - when I'm about 14 weeks along. That will be a long time to wait but we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment