Thursday, July 12, 2012

I've Been Outed

So here I am thinking I'm being pretty discreet with wearing loose fitting dresses and skirts to work these days, and one of my closest colleagues outs me yesterday!  Now, she did know that we were going through fertility treatments and exploring the adoption path as well but she said she could really tell by the way my mood really changed 2 weeks ago.  Boy, is it that obvious!?!?  She said even my new boss, who's male and I've only known for about 3 months asked her if I might be pregnant. OMG!  I feel like some people have a secret sense about these things.  Also, I think I've been a little wacky these past few weeks because work has been pretty stressful and I've just decided not to take it anymore.  But, I need to walk a fine line and reign myself in.  Boy some of the things that came out of my mouth this last week - not so professional.

Anyway, my plan was to wait until 20 weeks, but that was shot down because I'm already partly in maternity clothes at work. So then I moved things up to 15 weeks, but now I think even that's a stretch.  My friend who outed me is on vacation the next few days so at least I won't have to worry about her inadvertently spilling the beans, but I think I need to tell my boss next week and the rest of the team.  I am not sure why I'm so nervous about telling work, but I'm slightly terrified.  E told his work on Monday - so now that's out in the open too.  

1 comment:

  1. I outed myself at work yesterday (because of having to miss work for the upcoming weekly appointments), and my boss said that he already knew. I mean, I guess I'm looking fatter :)

    I'm glad to be on this journey with you :)

    ReplyDelete