Monday, July 23, 2012

My Birthday Weekend

I turned 31 on Saturday and it was the first birthday in a long time where I have felt I finally got exactly what I wanted!  In fact, I don't really need much more than for this pregnancy to continue on uneventfully and to have a healthy baby in January.

I did receive some wonderful gifts - mainly some gift cards to Pea in the Pod - but none of it compares to the happiness that being pregnant brings me. I had a strange thought the other day:  I am both so anxious for this pregnancy to be over and to have a baby in my arms AND so content with being pregnant.  I really love being pregnant - more so than I ever thought.

It was wonderful to celebrate with my mom, dad and E this weekend. We really have so much to be thankful for.  I also got some other wonderful news from my mom - 2 couples who I grew up with since childhood and who have both been struggling with infertility for over 10 years - are each pregnant too!  This news gave me the chills as I know how long and hard they have struggled.

Doing fine health-wise though I need to make sure I keep my weight in check. I've already gained 6 lbs and need to end up at only 25 and I've got a long way to go.

Our next appointment isn't for another 2 weeks, but we've checked in on the Doppler a few times too. Mom and dad thought this was the coolest thing.  It was great to make them a part of this process because I know how long and hard they've prayed for E and I and how much they wanted this for us as well.

1 comment: