Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Officially Pregnant

I'm 27 weeks along but I've waited for the moment when someone would offer me their seat on the train since the first HPT.  It happened this morning and this wonderful young woman, who looked like she was about my age, immediately offered me her seat and I took it gladly.  It was all I could do to stop smiling.  

This milestone is probably very minor to most pregnant women, but not to me. I want to remember the moment when it was outwardly obvious to the whole world that I'm pregnant - and it's a freaking miracle! I told E and he told me it means I'm officially pregnant.  

We have our child birth class on Sunday which I'm really looking forward to. We are doing the all day format instead of breaking it up into a few different meetings. This just worked better for our schedule but it's going to be a long day.  I booked this appointment 2 months ago and I can't believe it's here already.  We're almost to the third trimester and the day when we get to meet this little man is coming so near. 

We had dinner on Saturday with some friends from grad school - some have kids, some do not.  The ones with kids were telling us about how much hard work it is, how tired they were those first 3-4 months.  Of course they threw in a little bit of "it's all worth it" but you could tell their tune was more of "oh, boy - you're really in for it" type of advice.  E and I think this type of advice is pretty funny because no matter what - our absolute worst day, no sleep, sick baby, dog tired day - it will be 1,000 times better than the days of no sleep because I'm worried about growing embryos, getting up early to go in for monitoring, being stuck 1,000 times for blood draws, medications, HSGs, etc.  There's honestly no comparison.  Our worst days with our son, will be 1,000 percent better than our best days as an infertile couple.  Those who have not experienced this pain can't possibly understand this.  I am wholeheartedly looking forward to the hardest job in the world - being a mommy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment