Monday, November 19, 2012

And the Showering Continues

Since my last post, I've had 2 more baby showers thrown in my honor.  Yes, you read that right and work is planning one for me next week as well. I am so overwhelmed by the love and generosity from our family and friends.  This little one is so loved already it just makes my heart melt.  I was floored when my hair dresser of 8 years presented me with our Pack N Play.  OMG! Words could not even describe this over-the-top generosity.

The shower thrown by my cousins was so wonderful as my mother-in-law and my sisters-in-law were in attendance as well as my niece on E's side.  My mom was able to come too so having everyone all together made it extremely special.  We got a nice picture of the Grandmas too.  My friend who recently had a miscarriage did not attend and while she was utterly missed, I understood.  Not too long ago, baby showers were not high on my list of fun.  I recall going to hers when I was going through fertility treatments and all I wanted to do was cry.

My neighbors threw a little shower for me over this past weekend as well.  They are all so excited to have a new little baby in the neighborhood and were so incredibly thoughtful with their kind wishes and offers for advice.  The appetizers and desserts served were delicious - and so adorable too.

Tomorrow marks 32 weeks and while I sleeping is very uncomfortable, and don't get but a few good hours of sleep each night, I seem to be able to function OK.  A week or 2 ago, I had another bout of round ligament pain which was so severe.  I was helping E take some bulky items to the trash and definitely over did it. The next night I was in excruciating pain and really thought I could be in labor.  Thankfully, I called the doc and went it. Baby is doing well - cervix closed, no signs of premature labor.  Oh thank goodness.  It was definitely scary but I was happy to get a chance to see baby again as we probably won't get another until he's actually here.

Eight short weeks until due date which is incredible. I can't help but remember what I felt when we were just 8 weeks pregnant. How scared I was, how nervous and how long I had to go.  I just keep praying that things continue on uneventfully as I am getting a bit nervous for delivery.

The other thoughts about cycling again keep creeping in and I'm having a hard time filtering them out unfortunately.   I know I need to concentrate more on the here and now, but when you have 4 frozen embryos waiting for you and your husband says we likely should stop at 2 maybe 3 children due to financial reasons, I can't help but think about all the various possibilities that lie ahead.  Life has certainly taught me that it has its own plans for me and I can only make the best decision I can at any given point in time with the knowledge I have.  Still, it's hard not to wonder...

No comments:

Post a Comment