Friday, February 7, 2014

Another One Bites the Dust

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised anymore when I see that stark white HPT starring me right in the face. I sat there willing that blue line to show up with all my might. I squinted, I flipped it...I even fished it out of the trash twice to check if anything had shown up. Nada, zilch...back to square one.

I will test again tomorrow just to be sure but there's no hope. Testing at 9 days past transfer there ought to be at least something.  The worst part is that I have to go out an buy another test.  I used the last one last night. A friend and I were discussing how buying pregnancy tests actually makes us angry.  It does! Because I have to buy it knowing it's negative. I think infertiles should get a pity discount. 

So beta will come on Monday and I have more questions for the doc, but the main one that I can't get out of my head - "What if FETs just don't work on me?" We have 2 frozens left but are we wasting our time and should we just move to fresh? OH lord that sounds daunting - the thought of stims and egg retrieval again, but I think E and I are both up for one more fresh before we throw in the towel. We'll see what RE says about the other 2 frozens. They are blasts too so ....

1 comment: