Thursday, March 27, 2014

Feeling like Supermom...and then not so much

Over the weekend, I finally turned the corner on the never ending sickness...or so I thought. The vertigo was almost gone, I had time to sleep in because E was so incredibly wonderful and I napped during our little guy's nap times. On Saturday morning I dropped off the dry cleaning, did the grocery shopping and picked up an RX all within about 45 mins. No kidding...I was feeling like Supermom.  I have this super power called Peapod grocery pickup which is absolutely free...they won't even let you tip them. I tried!  I mean, I pick out the groceries online, and then drive to the store, stay in my car, tell them I'm here and they put my groceries in my car. I drive away...that's it.  Three errands in 45 mins including grocery shopping?!?! Superhero-ish if I do say so myself.

Now, if only my new Supermom-self could somehow figure out how to fix the latest family drama. E got laid off on Monday.  Cue freak out which sent me back into vertigo literally!  Honestly, just thinking about it still makes me dizzy. This is really a good thing in the end as he needed to get out of the industry he was in, but we realistically thought we had about 6 months before the heat got turned up. Turns, out we were wrong.  Still figuring out next steps, but the FET is still a go. Of course that raises other anxieties as well but I'd much rather have this FET work and have to scrimp for awhile than have it not work and breathe a sigh of financial relief.

It's always complicated, right?

1 comment:

  1. Wow I'm so sorry to hear about your husband's job! I hope he finds a new one quickly! I'm glad it won't affect your FET!

    Way to go on getting things done so fast! That's pretty amazing!

    ReplyDelete