Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Brain Dump Update

Because time has been playing nasty tricks on me - either the days fly by or the minutes feel like years, I haven't had a moment to sort out what's been going on these last 6 days.  While I know I owe you more details than this, here goes a quick brain dump with promises of more eloquent (yeah right) explanations:

  • Recovery from the egg retrieval SUCKED! I am finally feeling better 6 days later but I was in bed for the weekend because I could barely walk I was so sore. Bloated, constipated, and I could barely eat anything without immediately feeling full - the works. 
  • There definitely was a egg donor in the "room" next to me during retrieval. And I can only imagine from the extremely immature rants, raves, comments etc. coming out of that room she was there to make some cash and not doing this out of the kindness of her heart as she exclaimed, "This sh*t hurts." And my favorite, "I didn't sign up for this!" Some of us don't have a choice!     
  • I look 4 months pregnant from all the bloating. I gained 5 pounds of water weight in the 3 days past retrieval and thankfully the pounds are going down but my stomach is still huge. It's super embarrassing and I'm running out of dresses to wear.
  • We had 14 embryos growing on day 3...but on day 5 we received the devastating news that only 2 were expanded blasts and ready to be biopsied and tested. Things were looking BAD.
  • Last minute news came in - one normal embryo. Transfer is a "go" so now I'm PUPO.  Shocked, really but happy and terrified all at the same time.
  • Happily resting and doing work while my little living normal blast runs around the house with no pants on.  We are blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment