Thursday, October 30, 2014

Your A$$ Looks Like a Thousand Bucks

Well, thank you. It should because I just shot about $1K's worth of medication into it first thing this morning. Boy there's nothing so refreshing than an intramuscular injection at 6:15 a.m.! To be fair, we lucked out and insurance was able to cover the Lupron Depot because of my endometriosis so that was cause for celebration.

Nothing makes me feel like we're progressing like self-injections, right? 

So we're off on FET #6. I go in next Friday for a baseline check and then if all looks good I'll start my del estrogen.  Transfer is still planned for the day before Thanksgiving.

I have to say that I'm a little nervous about the side-effects of the Lupron Depot as it seems headaches, hot flashes and mood swings are very common. I already warned E about the hot flashes and mood swings. If I need the window open at night for the next few days, he'd better just bundle up. I HATE waking up drenched in sweat. I am hoping acupuncture will help with some of these issues but I'll keep you all updated in case you ever need to start this medication.

I'm very excited we're doing something slightly different with this FET and even more nervous knowing that there's no known medical reason standing in our way to having another baby. That's definitely daunting. Tubes- out, uterus - perfect, embryo - PGS normal and excellent quality!  Now we just have to make sure the lining looks good and this is going to be our recipe for success. It has to be - otherwise I'm some freak of nature or something. 

2 comments:

  1. LOL it's not funny but the way you tell it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! Hoping this is the one. (I finally posted a blog update, btw.)

    ReplyDelete