Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Sucking Wind and the Karate Kid

This little girlie has one heck of a kick. If she gets me in the right spot, I yelp....audibly! It's happened twice so far and the second time I thought E was going to have to pull the car over, he was so worried. It was just so shockingly strong that it took me by surprise.  I plan to ask the OB about that on Friday...perhaps I have a scar there or something which makes it extra sensitive. Who knows...just pretty funny and perhaps a little scary too.

I'm also having a really hard time with any physcial exertion... like walking 2 blocks to day care. Going up the basement stairs any more than twice in a 10 min span. I don't remember feeling this until I was almost 38 weeks with C. I'm only on the verge of 24! I seem to struggle through the day and truthfully, I get the most rest with my feet up while I'm at work.

I've been trying to take it easy as much as possible but then I look at the scale and freak. I'm 4lbs heavier than I was with C at this point. This does not bode well for the glucose test on Friday. I'm pretty nervous about that.

I think the summer heat has also sucked the pregnancy glow from my face. I'm tired and excited to meet this little one. October seems really far away.

2 comments:

  1. Oh gosh summer pregnant is no fun! And baby girl be careful with mama. Give her grief after you come out ok!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was due around the same time as you three years ago, which was an extremely hot summer, so I know how hard that is! The heat and being pregnant just totally ZAP your energy!

    ReplyDelete